Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Newmarket Honda is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. The General Manager will receive all communication.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to Newmarket Honda premises. We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises and on our web-site at time of booking if client advises of disability.
Training for Staff:
Newmarket Honda will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Safety Trainers
- Account Managers
- All Administration Support Staff
This training will be provided to staff as part of the new Employee Orientation Training within 2 weeks of hire.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Newmarket Honda accessible customer service plan
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Newmarket Honda goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Newmarket Honda provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email or fax concerns. All feedback will be directed to General Manager. Customers can expect to hear back within 2 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies:
Any policy of Newmarket Honda that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.